If you want to change your life, leave your comfort zone.
If you’re someone who feels like there’s more to life out there but doesn’t seem to know how to get there, this post is for you.
I believe that to change your life, you need to break the cycle. You might have created routines and prioritized different aspects of your life, but sometimes it feels like it’s not working. It’s as if you were missing something or it feels like a mess.
Whether you’re experiencing a midlife crisis or you’re simply dreaming of a “better” life, you might want to look at leaving your comfort zone. Comfort zone is a level in which you feel at ease or familiar with the things you do and the things you have. It’s like everything feels basic and there is a pattern or routine that works but might not be satisfying at some point.
I’m sharing with you some of the most common life changes we want and how to leave the comfort zone to achieve this. Note: Relevance may vary depending on your aspirations and goals.
“I need more income.”
You have a job, you can pay your bills and support your family. Or you might be one of the few leaving a percentage of their income for savings. But for whatever reason you have, you want to live a more comfortable or luxurious life. Here’s what you can do:
- Get a new job – if you’re career-oriented, get a new job with higher pay. It might also require a strong set of skills to increase your unique selling point. 😀 Connections can also be one of the few ways to fast track this phase.
- Create a new income stream – aside from your job or current income stream, add a new one like a side hustle or something worth trying whether it’s for the long or short term. The easiest way is to provide services if you don’t have a big budget to start a business.
- Buy quality products – expensive brands are always associated with quality, but that’s not always the case. We have to be very keen on this. Whether you choose expensive brands or not, make sure to seek quality and function.
“It feels like there’s nothing new happening in this life. The same things happen over and over again.”
Life feels ok but there is something you want to change, issues you want to resolve and stop the cycle.
- Break the cycle – change some parts of your routine, this may result in a different outcome.
- Evaluate yourself and how you see things in life – businesses do quarterly reviews to assess how things are going, how they progress and what else they can do to improve their product, services, and operations. You can apply the same thing to yourself. Ask yourself, evaluate and do necessary steps to improve decision making and self-management. Take a rest and contemplate.
- Let go of self-limiting beliefs – say this “I can do this. I am capable of doing this.” It helps when you start to believe in yourself, don’t let the naysayers rule over your emotions and confidence. You are in control of your life and you always have the last say. No one can say you are not capable of doing things. You can and always remember you have other things to offer in life than what is perceived by others as essential.
I have a few things you can do to help you start to move out of your comfort zone:
- Write down the things you want to change or achieve in your life.
- Write down the things you can do to achieve this. Do not limit yourself from the things you think you can’t do or might take time to execute. Write all the options you can think of.
- Prioritize one or three of these and make them part of your goals. Evaluate yourself and see which of the solutions can help you achieve this goal. I suggest taking these goals one at a time to focus and to easily execute and evaluate each step you will take (unless you are a good multi-tasker).
Hope this blog post helps, share your thoughts and realizations in the comments section.