One of the oldest American associations in the Philippines, the American Association of the Philippines (AAP), will celebrate it’s 70th Year Anniversary on February 17, 2018, Saturday, 6PM at the City Club Ballroom, Alphaland, Makati Place, Ayala Avenue Extension, Makati City with the George Washington Charity Ball honoring three outstanding leaders:
Our three outstanding leaders are:
- Ms. Sheila Lirio Marcelo, Founder and CEO of Care.com, a New York Stock Exchange Listed Company
- Mr. Ebb Hinchliffe, Executive Director of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- H.E. Jose Lampe Cuisia, Jr., Philippine Ambassador to the United States of America (2011-2016)
Proceeds from the event will fund AAP’s charitable activities aiming to:
- Provide scholarship for the children of Americans, Filipino-Americans, and Filipinos
- Assist beneficiaries like Americans in dire straits as resources permit, and indigent Americans with temporary funds, repatriation and other citizenship needs.
The AAP is the historic partnership of its members — the American community, the US Embassy, and the American corporations — which in 1949, successfully helped the struggling local Americans displaced by the ravages of World War II in the Philippines. AAP is also the owner-in-trust of the American Historical Collection, with approximately 60,000 volumes about the American colonial period and post-war events that used to be housed in the U.S. Embassy.
It is through the support from the different partnerships, associations, and members that the AAP is able to conduct its worthwhile projects and much needed social welfare.
For more information; 02 892 5198, 02 867 1689.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Media & Public Relations: email@example.com
Learn more about Ms. Sheila Lirio Marcelo