No quarantine pass? Scared to go out? Online shopping is for you!
As the need for staying at home and social distancing arise, online shopping became very convenient for most of us. We shouldn’t rely on the government to supply all our needs as they can only do so much. We need to learn to help ourselves as much as we can.
Online shopping has been very convenient for me nowadays. I’m currently staying in Las Pinas and I need to buy stuff for myself and my family in Cavite. Aside from food and essential supplies for hoomans (humans), I need to buy food and supplies for my pet. Nakakaloka sa totoo lang, kasi ang dami mong iniisip.
After all the frustration I had to get through and make things work this ECQ, I will share with you a few tips on how to make your online shopping a breeze:
Where to shop:
- Online palengke (government initiatives)
- Online shops / E-commerce shops / Food delivery apps
- FB Shops / Groups / Local stores
Things to DO:
FOLLOW your city/province/mayor/barangay/subdivision group.
FOLLOW the online shops of your ‘suking’ grocery, food shop, drugstores, etc. Find 2-3 branches near you if they currently offer delivery services.
FOLLOW the FB pages of the online shops mentioned above plus the FB pages of your most frequented local stores. Don’t forget to get their contact nos.
Download the mobile apps of your favorite online shops (Lazada, Shopee, etc.) and courier or food delivery services like Lalamove, Grab, etc.
Make sure you have funds for money transfers via bank mobile apps/website or online payment apps like GCash, PayMaya, Coins.PH, PayPal, etc.
Make a grocery list with the product type, brand name and quantity. This is to easily search for a product and its alternatives. Sa panahon ngayon, kailangan natin magtipid kaya dapat NEEDS parin ang unahin. But, don’t forget to make the service fees/minimum purchase count.
NOTE: I noticed that the best place to find online shops is thru Facebook. Other merchants are using their websites to take orders.
For online palengke shopping:
- Check out the online palengke service provided by your local government/barangay from STEP 1. The location of the source/palengke matters especially if you are ordering wet goods. Check the order and delivery guidelines. Delivery may vary, can be same day or next day. Also, shipping fee and minimum purchase may vary.
PROS – Fresh meat and veggies, market price, helps market sellers
CONS – Next day delivery, some accept COD only
For Online shops / E-commerce shops / Food delivery apps:
- Most of them accept online payments thru credit cards. No worries, you can use a VISA virtual payment card thru Paymaya. Sign up now and use the invite code 1t2l3g5 for FREE 50Php on your account. Some prefer to use money trasfers using bank mobile apps or GCash. Register thru this link for FREE 70Php on your account.
- We experienced ordering thru a food delivery app but when the rider came to the branch, he advised us that the items are not available and if it’s ok to get product A instead of product B.
- If the main online shop is not faulty or choking, use it instead of food delivery apps.
- For Shopee and Lazada, use the Mall feature. Else, make it a habit to ask sellers if they can deliver. No answer, no transaction.
WORK FROM HOME MUST-READ: Work From Home Must-Have Chrome Extensions to Increase Productivity
Watch this video for more tips, ok nga bang mag-order online ngayon?
PROS – Same day delivery/Delivery schedule, satisfy your craving, online payments and COD available, variety of choices, lots of discounts/free shipping,
CONS – Food delivery app might fail to deliver the desired orders
For FB Shops / Groups:
- If you’re looking for a certain product or product category, Facebook is the best place to be. Here you can find your favorite brands, favorite local stores, and groups offering delivery or “pasa-buy” services.
- Ask your community groups or buy and sell groups if they are willing to buy stuff for you. I prefer buying from local stores or nearby shops to lessen the delivery cost and help the community. If you are looking for something that’s hard to find (in my case dog food and supplies) it is ok to tap your suki if they can sell the items for you and that you are willing to handle the pickup and delivery.
PROS – Same day delivery, satisfy your craving, online payments, variety of choices, get what you’re looking for
CONS – few offers COD
Hope this helps, that’s all for now!