What are you going to do with all that coins? Most of us frown whenever the cashier hands us coins below 25 cents in value. Yes, the bronze coins that range from 1 to 10 cents. We tend to leave it somewhere or throw it away. Why are these not valued?
Reasons Why We Don’t Value These Coins (10,5,1 cent)
- It is not used in our daily lives – The minimum value that we use in our daily lives is 25 cents. I don’t think the jeepney driver will be happy to receive ten pieces of 10 cents for one peso or 5pcs for 50 cents. It’ll take time to count that much and will need a lot of attention.
- They are heavy – One is ok, but hundreds will make you feel like carrying rocks inside your bag! The sad thing is when you count them, the total value can be as low as your jeepney fare.
- It will take time to count all of it – Time matters and most of us are getting more and more impatient. We wanted to save time to finish everything we need to do, and counting coins is not one of them.
- It is dirty – Coins are dirty as you pass it from one hand to another, but what is worst with these valuations is that you never knew if somebody just picked it up from the street and started circulating it.
What happens to these coins? Most of the time you can find them somewhere around the house, inside a container, or inside piggy banks. Some just throw it away on the streets to lessen the weight in their pockets.
We can have a lot more reasons why we hate these coins but do you know how you can make the most out of these coins? Do you know that these coins can generate more value when you know what to do with them?
“Oh let’s bring this to the bank!” Yes, you can bring all your coins and get the same amount in your account. You did not get the most out of your coins if you’re going to do that! What is the best way then? The best way is to bring them to the supermarket or malls.
Why Is It Best to Bring Coins in the Supermarket?
- Make them happy – Yes, make them happy, they are the reason why you have all that coins. They are very keen on giving exact change. They tend to ask other cashiers for coins or lower bills. Make them happy, give them the coins they need! Win-win!
- They give incentives when you exchange your coins with them – In case you don’t know yet, SM Supermarket, for example, has a coin campaign. If you have that much coins, you can get the most out of these campaigns.
- Let your coins contribute to your reward points – Most supermarkets/malls have reward cards, where you get a point/s convertible to cash. Make your coins work for you, let them be part of it.
However, you don’t want to be the cause of delay for other shoppers, so here’s how you can do it conveniently.
Start gathering your coins and bring them to action. Make the most out of your coins. Don’t trash the coins!
You may want to learn more about money from this link:
How do you find this helpful? Leave your comments below.